I posted this blog last night (late) and not too many people saw it (see link below) - so instead of updating the blog with new content, I am posting Part II "Pimping Your Text for BackPage and Craigslist" so more people can see both the old /new the tips and hopefully learn something about posting to eClassifieds.
Don't think like an agent - think like a buyer! What quick info are they looking for? (these are pulled from today's CL real estate for sale section - names changed to protect the innocent!) Do any of these ads below grab your attention? Viewers are scanning the page looking for something that jumps out at them - these bore me.
- Single story with RV garage [is this the only feature the home has?]
- Great home in desirable NAME OF COMMUNITY [tell us how great it is!]
- Nice 3 bedroom with large lot [wasting space here - CL and BP automatically show # BRs]
- ***********************NAME OF COMMUNITY Best Value Bargain**************** [What do I say about this one?]
- $126,000 beautiful community 2 story on corner lot, balcony, living room [wasting space to add the price again]
I have asked friends to go through Craigslist that had ads posted and asked at a glance, which ads caught their eye if they were buying a home. Most said the following:
- Square footage of the home
- # garages
- extra features: pool, spa, casita, loft, guest suite, large lot, etc.
- # levels
- Don't max out the text so you can't read it fast
Billie Hillier - Las Vegas Real Estate Agent working with sellers, buyers, and renters. You can read my full bio here at Billie Hillier.
Below are a few of my favorite links and tools to help you find your new home.
Las Vegas Real Estate Tools
Las Vegas Real Estate
· Henderson Real Estate
Las Vegas Condos
Summerlin Villages - Las Vegas
For market reports: every effort was made to make information as accurate as possible - while deemed reliable, not guaranteed. All stats are through GLVAR.