Information courtesty of Chris Huggins - Allstate Insurance
Your property isn't any less valuable when you rent. That's our stand. And if you've got as much stuff as the average renter, then it's worth over $30,000. Take into account your clothes, books, CDs, stereo system, TV, jewelry and other valuables you might have.
If Anything Happens, Will Your Landlord Take Care of You?
You may also be surprised to learn that your landlord is not necessarily responsible for any damages to your personal property if there’s a fire, flood, vandalism or burglary. And, even if someone’s injured in your rental home, you may be liable for their damages, not your landlord.
It Only Costs a Little to Protect a Lot
- The good news is that renters insurance costs less than you think–and it covers a lot. In fact, about 50¢ a day can help buy renters insurance protection for tomorrow.
- With a renter’s policy, I can help you protect your things, big and small, from the unexpected and help safeguard your savings from personal liability.
- A renter’s policy will protect your personal property the same way it would if you owned a home. Ask me about what level of coverage is right for you.
- A renter’s policy will protect your personal property the same way it would if you owned a home. Ask me about what level of coverage is right for you. Learn the basics of which coverage options protect you and your valuables.
Did You Know?
- According to recent FBI statistics, 2 of every 3 burglaries occur in homes, condos or apartments.
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, rented households were burglarized at rates 79% higher than owned households.
- The average residential loss exceeds $1,000.
- A burglary occurs about every ten seconds.
Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Protect your stuff from the unexpected
A picture is worth 1,000 words: When making an inventory of your personal property, take photos. Knowing the details can help you identify the items and their value in case of a loss.
Billie Hillier - Las Vegas Real Estate Agent working with sellers, buyers, and renters. You can read my full bio here at Billie Hillier.
Below are a few of my favorite links and tools to help you find your new home.
Las Vegas Real Estate Tools
Las Vegas Real Estate
· Henderson Real Estate
Las Vegas Condos
Summerlin Villages - Las Vegas
For market reports: every effort was made to make information as accurate as possible - while deemed reliable, not guaranteed. All stats are through GLVAR.